My kids didn't want to go to bed - they wanted to keep an eye on the fire that John was called out to!(too bad tomorrow is the first day of school, so they HAD to go to bed!) He left around 7:20 - when I put Jason to bed around 9:00, all you could see was the red glow from behind the mountain - when I went out around 10:30 I still could not see too much of a flame from our back yard - but about 15 minutes later when I walked by the window - the whole hill was ablaze!!! - My mom and I drove down the rode a bit where we had a better view(thanks dad for "babysitting" so I could take a turn) - I took this picture around 11:41 - I wish I could have captured more of the details - but WOW! It is a BIG fire! I took the picture from the opposite side of the valley - in the picture you can sort of see three different hill peaks- it is quite spread out - and there is a pretty good breeze out tonight that I am sure is NOT helping!
our firefighters are AMAZING!!!
our firefighters are AMAZING!!!
- THEY ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS! -

I need to go to bed, but not sure how much sleep I'll get until I know John is SAFE & off those Hills! It is pretty freaky just watching it from here, I cannot imagine what it would be like up there in the middle of it!
I need to go to bed, but not sure how much sleep I'll get until I know John is SAFE & off those Hills! It is pretty freaky just watching it from here, I cannot imagine what it would be like up there in the middle of it!
He called me around 11:30 - he was at the top!
3 comments:
Wow!!! I am sure John is REALLY tired by now. Those guys truly are amazing!! Hope he gets home soon....
Wow, I would be a nervous wreck! Thanks John & all the firefighters. That's an amazing picture Diane!
wow. how scary. Glad your hubby is so willing to help. I hope all is well soon
Post a Comment