12 years ago
Thursday, September 25, 2008
FROGS
Last Thursday, I went walking at the Island with my friend Alison. As we passed the mostly dried up pond, I let Jason throw some rocks in. We were surprised when frogs just started going EVERYWHERE!!! We wandered down the bank to get a closer look, and discovered every time you took a step, frogs basically bubbled up from the mud, and from under the rocks. Alison took a little run across one side to the other and it was like the whole ground came alive!!! There were hundreds, maybe? thousands? of frogs!!! I couldn't wait until Friday after school to take ALL of my kids to check it out. (We even kidnapped Grandpa W and brought him along, and Grandma met us after work!) It was as GROSS as it was amazing! The water was really green, and I'm not usually too crazy about just turning my kids loose on purpose where it is all muddy - but it just had to be done. When we got done, we wandered down to the river, which was low enough that we could wade around and get washed up(thank goodness!). The girls also found some heart shaped rocks to give to our friend Debi for her collection! That was A LOT of fun too!
















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun idea and great memories for your kids. We'll have to take a trip to the island and see if the frogs are still around. Ethan would love that, yesterday he found a worm at my mom's house and was really mad that I wouldn't let him take it home.
cute blog!! Great frog story!! We will have to check it out!
Post a Comment