US, here on our little dead end street that only contains 7kiddos. My 5, and the other two being a 12 year old and a 15 year old. I explained to Nicole, Ryan, and Jason that this was a ONE TIME deal(ya know I had to give in for the whole novelty of actually having the ice cream guy come down our street)... BUT, that if/when the ice cream guy returned, we would NOT be buying his OVER-PRICED treats ever again! Jessica and I were getting a pretty good chuckle out of the whole thing. For one, you should have seen how excited Ryan and Jason were(it really was too cute), but also - "jingle bells" was one of the tunes that was coming from the poor little van(I mean come on, this isn't what I expected to see driving down the road proclaiming to be an ice cream truck!) I know we have a picture somewhere from the one and only other time an ice cream truck came down our lane - (Mary do you have that picture? I think YOU are IN the picture?) - I will have to get it and scan it so I can post it!!! FUN, FUN TIMES!
4 comments:
Luckily my kids don't know what the ice cream man is yet. They heard him a couple times this summer (we live in the boonies, too, so even though it's a subdivision the ice cream man doesn't venture out very often), but didn't know what the music was. They assumed it was our teenage neighbor blasting his stereo. I didn't correct them. Now that I think of it, it seems a little humorous that my kids think the neighbor boy would be driving around our subdivision busting nursery rhymes instead of his usual rap. I guess they don't know the difference.
You're such a good mom. Ice cream trucks are scary. We were at Bear Lake on Monday and we heard this tropical music getting closer and closer and turned around to find a Suburban bouncing over the sandy beach with a sign on the side reading, "Beaches & Cream". It was 70 degrees out and the wind was blowing us around out there, but sure enough, my 12 year old, bless his heart, just happened to have a hankering for ice cream and begged and whined BOTH times the truck went by. Sorry. I'm not spending two dollars on a popsicle. I'm a MEAN mom.
Oh that is HILARIOUS!! I do remember that---I will look through my pictures!! FUN TIMES--FUN TIMES!!!
Ever since you posted this, I've been noticing that guy all over town! I even hear his music playing somewhere in the neighborhood when we've been in the backyard a few times but he hasn't made it to our street yet.
Post a Comment