Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sewing....

When we were first married I sewed quite a bit -
but, as the babies came along and life got busier,
and the house too crowded to have all the sewing stuff out-
(and little fingers kept turning all the sewing maching knobs) -
I sort of gave up on it (for about ten years)-
lately I have just really been wanting to sew something -
but haven't made it to a fabric store.
The other day I thought I'd go into the local Youth Ranch to see if there were any baseball cleats.
I didn't find any cleats - but this chunk of fabric was staring at me!!!
I love it - and turned it into this.....
(ya got to love a dress that only costs $3.71)


thanks mom for encouraging us in 4-H all those years!
Aunt Mary, thanks for your help, too!
I LOVE you both!

8 comments:

Dana Williams said...

Diane, is there anything that you can not do? I am green with jealousy ( I guess I match the day).

Sharlee said...

"Sew" very cute! I don't even OWN a sewing machine. That's how long it's been since I'VE sewn. Good job.

Sawdust Girl said...

Diane, you are amazing! The dress is so cute and you look fantabulous in it.

Parley and Anna said...

My mom has been telling me about this fabric and I thought I'd have to wait until I went home to see it. I love it! And you did such a great job! It looks fantastic on you!

.kim.h. said...

ok, WHAT??????????? You get the sewing machine out after 10 YEARS and this is what you make???? You are AMAZING!!! WOW! I am impressed!!! :) Miss you, friend!

Holly said...

SUPER CUTE! You are so talented!

Walker Family said...

Oh my gosh! Amazing. That's all I can say! It looks so cute!

Seeshellspace said...

Super cute dress! Don't you love it when fabric 'speaks' to you! Good job!